Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Brand New


New DT member for SOUS!!!

My first card for "Stuck On U Sketches" is a card dedicated to cat lover's.  This cat is from a group file at Treasure Box Designs.  I like to make my cards "generic".  That way, when I need a card in a pinch I can just pull it out and use it for the occasion I need it for.  For example, when I originally made this card, I was only fulfilling my obligation for SOUS.  Now, I can use this card for any person I know who loves cats.  Birthday, thinking of you, etc. etc.  Either I will put a small sentiment down on the lower right or leave the front blank and put something on the inside of the card.

The sketch I was following from SOUS had stitching on it.  Of course, as you may know, I add stitching to nearly every one of my projects.

I am slowly mastering chalking my die cuts.  I hope to show you, my wonderful followers, some amazing details to die cuts with just chalk.

The cat is on pop dots for more visual effects.  The button gives the card a nice added flare.  For me, less is more.  I love what others do with all the pretty embellishments, but can't seem to make it work for my projects.

7 comments:

  1. Adorable card, Vivian! Love the cat .. . and the button and twine are all you really need to finish it out! So glad to have you on the team! Love what you will bring .I love the variety on this first project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute Vivian :) I luvs kitties! Glad to be on the SOUS team with you!

    Becky
    www.scrapcircus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vivian, your card is so cute~! Love the way your card just "pops". Excited to be on the team with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, not sure you can consider me a cat person...but that one, is kinda cute!
    (but maybe only because he's made of paper! LOL!)
    But very darling Vivian!
    I'm so very glad that you've joined us and thanks for sharing this cutie!

    Hugs, Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one cute cat Vivian, and he is displayed on a beautiful background - no need for fussy decorating. He is perfect.... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute cat.....love your take on the sketch looks great! Love all the stitching too:0

    ReplyDelete