Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Quilled Horses

Quilled Horses:

A couple years ago, I was commissioned to make cards with quilled horses on them.  I guess she like them cause a couple months ago she asked for 4 more.

I really should name these "War Horses" cause it was a battle getting them going.  First of all, I seriously procrastinated getting started.  Then, when I was ready, I couldn't find my books for designing the horses anywhere!!  A few weeks later they turn up - in a very unlikely place!!!  I spent one morning making the horses and the next day making four cards.  They are all made very similarly with different PP.  I followed the same sketch by Mojo Monday for all four of them.

These two are my favorite pictures of them.  TFL!

PP by MME 6x6 pack Union Square.  I'm nearly out of this pack!  Loved working with it.

PP by MME 6x6 pack Sunshine.


I used to make cards with quilled critters on them all the time.  I stopped doing that for several reasons.  One, mailing them is a challenge.  They get smashed in a regular envelope.  Secondly, I discovered I really enjoyed paper piecing more (plus they do not get crushed).

1 comment:

  1. Those are fantastic Vivian .. quilling must take a lot of patience!

    ReplyDelete