Sunday, April 24, 2016

Hydrangea Tray

Hello everyone!!! Mother's day is coming soon and I love the awesome excuse to make a 3-D project, especially one that involves flowers.

This is a brand-new file by Dreaming Tree. Isn't it gorgeous??!!!!

Tips: If you are not new to 3-D paper making, you really don't need to watch the tutorial video. It was actually really easy cause it's rather simple boxes. However, the flowers will hog all your time. Inking and shaping them took me about an hour I think.

         As far as pinning the flowers to the styrofoam ball, start around the bottom and work your way up. The PDF file provided says they used Acrylic paint, which I assumed they painted the ball first. Instead, I used a tiny flower punch and extra pins to fill in the gaps. They look like little Hydrangea buds!!

Thanks for stopping by today!!!




Supplies:
--Graphic 45 - Botannical Tea
--White Cardstock - 5 sheets
--Pastel AC Cardstock (flowers)
Petite Pearlized Pins (sewing section at HL)
3" styrofoam cut in half
Glue
Low-Heat Glue Gun

4 comments:

  1. this is lovely!!!! thanks or sharing!
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is GORGEOUS! Awesome project:)
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe this is paper, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your the best of all! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete