Wednesday, August 1, 2012

SOUS - thinking of you

August 1st SOUS Project:

Thinking of You

This week at SOUS we were to follow a sketch designed by Debbie Burns.  Here's the sketch:



The dog is an svg die cut by Treasure Box Designs.  The PP is by MME 6x6 pack "sunshine".  Textured the background paper with embossing dots thru my cuttlebug.  The dog is also sitting up on pop dots.

This card was also made for a coworker of mine whose friend recently lost a beloved pet.  If you have been following my blog this whole time, you already know that I work with animals and tend to gravitate towards making cards with a critter on them.  Plus, when I get a special order, it's what my gals want!!




5 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I'm totally impressed with your creative liberties :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card .. love your critter! And I adore that you contribute something a bit different from others on that time! Makes for great variety! Awesome colors and I"m sure the pet owner will treasure this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so maybe the puppy is a bit more my speed then the kitty...hehe!
    BUT, with that said, I am so sorry about the loss of the doggy...that's always
    sad as I know how much joy a puppy can bring! So this was very thoughtful!

    Also, just need to sneak in that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the layouts you've posted as well!
    You kick butt!!!!

    xoxo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely! You did a great job with your paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this little doggy Vivian, and his eyes are just so adorable... shame that it is for such a sad occasion, the recipient will treasure this... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete