Tuesday, October 7, 2014

POISONOUS CAULDRON

Hello!! I have been off work these past few days and have been super BUSY making lots of fun Halloween and Fall projects. I will be sharing all of them over the next few weeks.

First of all, I must give all the credit to Hilary Kanwischer. She was the guest designer for SVGCuts in September and this was her project. I will not be re-writing on how to make this as she does a terrific job on her post for SVGCuts titled Spooky Pumpkin Cauldron. Her pictures are much better than mine as well. I did use my own embellishments and patterned paper so it's not an exact replica.

Secondly, there is actually a flickering, battery-operated tea light inside the pumpkin's head. It doesn't really show up here but looks awesome in my dark living room.

Lastly, I was really surprised with how little patterned paper I needed for this project. Mostly, you will need several sheets of black card stock (about 4 to 5).

More details below!! I really can't begin to tell you how much I LOVE how this turned out.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY TODAY!!

The whole project is sitting on a short, wide-based candle holder.

I used Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz on the flower. The feathers are
from the Halloween craft section in Hobby Lobby.

All the patterned paper is from October Afternoon's Witch Hazel Collection.

The fence and ghosts are die cuts as well.
Love how the ghost peeks out from behind the cauldron.

The filler is Spanish Moss. I love the creepy, bony hand reaching out of the cauldron!!
Supplies: (a LOT and I'm sure to forget something)
Low Heat Glue Gun
SVGCuts files:
--Toil and Trouble
--Party on Elm Street
--Haunted Forest
--Spooky Silhoettes
Paper:
--October Afternoon's Witch Hazel
--AC Black Cardstock
--AC White Cardstock
--Orange Cardstock
--Gold Vellum (inside of pumpkin's face)
Ribbon:
--Feathers
--Rick Rack
--Web design Ribbon
Small Bell
Button (on hat)
Spanish Moss
Short, Wide-Base Candle stand

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing Vivian.. you almost enabled me to go buy this file, but stopped myself at the last second..LOL :)
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Vivian...its just fabulous! What a wonderful work of art......amazing detail, love the papers. I can see how you had so much fun piecing it together. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just awesome. I really really love it.

    ReplyDelete