Monday, December 8, 2014

Merry Christmas with red roses

A lot of creative people I know can randomly make something just from the pretty thoughts in their heads.

Me . . . sometimes my most creative moments are when I'm commissioned for a project.

A recent patron asked for a Christmas card for a relative that will be doing a lot of international traveling. In general, that's what she wanted the theme of the card to be. Different, right?!

Hmm . . . . in my research to come up with something I went many different routes, including cute bears and large die cut pieces. That just wasn't working for me.

So I backtracked and asked myself, "Does it have to be Christmas themed paper or a bear?" 

Well, no it doesn't.

After that thought process I quickly became inspired by two different cards on my Pinterest board. It didn't take me too long to find the right paper either. I used Echo Park's Recollection with the postcard patterned paper = traveling theme!

I wanted flowers and went back and forth between deciding on a large red flower or black flower.

In the end, I chose to make small Christmas red roses!

I hope you are inspired! Thanks for stopping by today!

It's not very often that I use rhinestones. Love them!

Many layers to this bouquet. I really did have fun putting it together.
Supplies:
Paper:
--Echo Park Recollections
--Black Cardstock
--AC Christmas red (roses)
AC ribbon
Recollections Rhinestones
Leaf punch
Black Twine
Silver Christmas Ribbon (craft section at HL)
Vanilla Shimmer Spritz (on the roses)
My Craft Spot Tiny Stamps (Holiday theme)
Low Heat glue gun

No comments:

Post a Comment