Sunday, October 23, 2016

Studio Challenges: Karate

Hello and welcome! Today is my first post as a design team member of The Studio Challenges. The challenge for the next two weeks is to use three items from the Tic Tac Toe board.

I chose the bottom row using arrows, buttons, and twine.

I also followed a sketch by Scrapbook Challenges on my Pinterest board.

My son has been learning Tae Kwon Do (or karate) for over 2 and 1/2 years. This is the first time I have scrapped about it. *Gasp*

In this photo, he has just earned his third-brown belt. With only two more levels in brown to go, he will then qualify to earn his black belt. I couldn't be more proud!!!

I immediately reached for the Bella Blvd. - Color Chaos - for this layout to symbolize the various color belt ranks a martial artist must go thru. Plus I thought it went well with the B/W photo. I didn't want "color" everywhere though, as karate is about control and "clean lines".

Thanks for stopping by today!






Supplies:
Paper:
----Heavy White Cardstock
----Bella Blvd - Color Chaos
EP - Everyday Eclectic sticker
Color Chaos stickers
Die cuts from . . . ?
October Afternoon buttons
3D embellishments from Michael's
Brads
Thickers
Black Twine

1 comment: