Sunday, January 29, 2017

Studio Challenges: My Playground

Hello and Welcome!

Today's challenge at StudioChallenges is "Inspired by a Song". The key to this challenge = don't overthink it!!! I say this cause I almost did.

Song by Madonna - 'This used to be my playground"

When I was young child, I lived in Germany for several years because my father was in the military. The one thing that is clear to me in my memories is the variety of playgrounds. After we moved back to the U.S. I remember thinking about the sad state of our playgrounds here compared to what I had access to in Europe.

We were in the car constantly during our trip to Germany, sight-seeing then going to the next place. We finally made a three day stop in Berlin. Everyone was tired and burnt out from the road, especially my nine-year old son. I insisted we find somewhere to play. No tourist stuff. Just play. We surfed the internet and found a blog by a local who had written about all the various playgrounds around Berlin. We picked one that looked like fun for our kid.

My three "men" climbed, jumped, and rolled for nearly two hours. P.S. We were with our German exchange student during most of this trip. I took pictures. It was not a tourist spot, but nevertheless one of our favorite places!!





Supplies:
Paper - 
--AC White Cardstock
--Pretty Little Studio - Woodland collection
--AC Denim (blue) Cardstock

Silhouette Cameo - title
Tim Holtz - ChitChat stickers
Pretty Little Studios - Let's Go and Woodland embellishments
Background stamps
Citrus Twist stamps
Denim Blue Glimmer Mist
Hand-stitching


No comments:

Post a Comment