Sunday, September 10, 2017

Studio Challenges: Siblings

Today's challenge at Studio Challenges is "Inspired by a book cover". I'm not ashamed to say that I cheated just a little bit. First I made a layout I wanted, then went and looked for a book cover. 😂

I am a huge fan of "For Better or For Worse" . . . so I didn't really cheat . . . much. The comic strip is all about family . . . mothers, fathers, children . . . SIBLINGS!!

This layout is really a "do-over" layout for me. I really couldn't tell you why I didn't like the original, just that it didn't feel like "mine". It's rare for me to want to make a 'do-over', as I believe my layouts are all part of the creative process. I've just learned to accept that I am not going to be in love with all of them.

I practically insisted on making this one 'harder'. It would have come together so quickly otherwise, that I just didn't feel right about it. So I added hand-stitching to the title. Figures!! But I really did enjoy reaching for a smorg-a-board of random stuff and forcing it to work. That felt right, as the three of us may have come from the same parents, but we are very different individuals. Also, we are a rather chaotic and loud family, so I felt like the layout needed to reflect that a bit.

My sister and I are moderately hearing impaired, so yeah, we be loud! (P.S. Drives my husband bonkers).

Thanks for stopping by today!!!

We are the 'Simmons' kids. Obviously my sister and I have
married last names now. My brother is the oldest, then me
on the right and my sister on the left.

I machine-stitched the arrows, but hand-stitched the title.

Just random stuff from my stash! 

The butterfly was part of a die-cut exchange.



Supplies:
--Paper:
----Studio Calico - Lemon Lush
----Echo Park - Sweet Day
----PinkPaislee - Solstice
----CratePaper - Click
Sewing Machine
Silhouette Cameo
Buttons, butterflies and stuff from . . . somewhere

No comments:

Post a Comment