Thursday, November 9, 2017

International Scrapbook Garden: Boys 2 MEN

Hello there!! I'm here today to show you a another page I made using the 

This layout came together in steps.
Step one: Find a sketch I thought I could be happy with (by Par Victor).
Step two: I practiced several times mixing various mediums and colors before
committing to a style I liked. I think I practiced on 4 art journal pages.
Step three: Hold my breath as I got started. I love the Aria Story line that is 
in the kit, but you only get one of each. Didn't want to mess it up.
Step four: Use at least four different glues.

I am really happy with how this turned out. The photo is from 2.5 years
ago of my former German exchange student and son.

The little goofball is my kid. I could have chosen a less goofy photo,
but then we all wouldn't get a good laugh. Boyhood is all about
being weird when mom has the camera pointed at you.

Thanks for stopping by today!!!


I layered several items here. Modeling paste using a brick stencil, two chipboard
items from the kit, twine and wooden cogs. The title is layered on top of all that.

I used the last of the flowers here. The chicken wire is a Tim Holtz stamp
from my stash. The stars are punched using another paper from kit.

I made the title myself on my Silhouette using SCAL4. I layered it several
times to make sure it was sturdy.

I have a dry sense of humor and sometimes add humor to my pages.
Can you guess why I added "admit one" here?

Brothers at heart.

Supplies:

International Scrapbook Garden ' Toolshed Kit'
International Scrapbook Garden 'Mixed Media Kit'
International Scrapbook Garden 'Bonus Chipboard' Kit
International Scrapbook Garden 'Embellishment Bonus' Kit

From my stash:
Brick stencil and paste
Chicken wire stamp by Tim Holtz
Silhouette Cameo - title

Glues:
Glossy Accents
Mod Podge Matte
Glue Gun - low heat
Permanent Tacky Glue



No comments:

Post a Comment