Tuesday, November 21, 2017

International Scrapbook Garden: Vanishing Visitors

When I received this awesome new Halloween kit by International Scrapbook Garden, I KNEW I would be making at least one large 3-D project.

I was greatly inspired by Patricia Hugs Vintage Halloween Art Tag project from a few years ago. I do not have my own process video, but just watch hers. Hint: It's a very large tag that she makes. You'll want to play all day like I did.

I did follow her closely as far as technique, but this project took a life of it's own. I really had so much fun putting it together. Patricia Hugs uses much more dimensional objects for her project, which I simply did not have. But that's OK, I was looking for inspiration and not necessarily wanting to copycat.

When I started this project, I wasn't sure what the overall theme was going to be. As I was building this and playing around - skeletons, poison and graveyards became the theme.

There are a few minor things not found in the kit, like the apothecary jars, but over all I tried really hard to stay within the kit.


The great thing about making stuff like this is that you are practically encouraged
to jumble and layer stuff together.  
A photo of some of the products available through the kits.
Aren't they awesome?!

What other time of year does purple, orange, black and white go together?
Halloween and Fall are my favorite time of the year to be creative. I did
discover that the dimensional paint, Paste-Eez Lava Flow, "bubbles" when over heated.
I loved the effect.

I think my favorite embellishments were the skulls and the broomsticks.
The tree, bat and headstone are part of the chipboard extras. 

I did add a few things from Hobby Lobby, like the leaves and
Fall plants. I knew this project would need a "filler" like that to bring it
all together. 

I simply love the Dazzlerz "Dreamscicle" color, which is what I used for the
writing. The splotches are white acrylic paint. However, when I was first working
with the background I wanted the black bricks to be less "black". So I went
over them with the Texturez Tidy Widy. Love that stuff!

Look closely! The items are sitting on a toilet paper roll covered
in burlap. Both are your average household items.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STOPPING BY TODAY!

Supplies:
International Scrapbook Garden Toolshed Kit Paper - Spider's Web
ISG Toolshed Kit - Spider's Web Embellishment Bonus kit
ISG Toolshed kit - Spider's Web Mixed Media kit
ISG Toolshed kit - Spider's Web Bonus Chipboard

Supplies from my stash:

Label Chipboard from Hobby Lobby
Stencil backgrounds - brick and words
SVGCuts file - fence
Apothecary jars
Scrap paper with words (needed this to be thin and easy to work with)
Hobby Lobby - Leaves and feathers (they were 90% off)
Burlap
Dyson label - poison
White and Black Acrylic Paint
Tim Holtz Distress ink - Frayed Burlap and Walnut Stain
Black Archival Ink

KaiserCraft iridescent spray ink - Charcoal (from last month's kit)

No comments:

Post a Comment