Saturday, January 27, 2018

ISBG: Be Authentic

Hello and welcome to my blog! Today I'm sharing with you a new layout using the Toolshed kit: Winter Adventures from International Scrapbook Garden.

This page is inspired by long perusals thru my Pinterest page. I liked several techniques by various artists and decided to try them on this layout. I admit I was rather nervous with how this was going to turn out. It's so rare for me to not follow a sketch or even to lift from another scrapper's page.

I will say I was greatly inspired by Sivan Amedi Shem-Tov.

The photo is of my former exchange student. He is an excellent young man and we still keep in contact with him to this day. But, he was still a 15 year old teenager at this time period. You know, it's freezing outside and snowing and he's checking his phone and has no gloves on. Then complained about it how his fingers were so cold. (insert eye-roll here)


Most of this layout is from the Winter Adventures kit and bonuses. The kits do not come with solid card stock so I did use kraft card stock from my stash. I also used Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powders as well as my sewing machine!



Sometimes it's hard to know what title to use on a layout. Some crafters don't use any but that's not my style. I do tend to not journal on the front though. But lately I've been journaling on the back so family and friends will still know the story.

I used embossing powders Silver Moon Mistletoe and Cleopatra's Copper on the snowflakes. I lightly spritzed Kaiser Mists Denim available from the mixed media bonus kit.


I added the DecoArt Snow-Tex all over the flowers, and dabbed it across the layout for effect.
I used my rather old Fiskars paper crimper on my kraft card stock for extra texture.


The denim papers provided in the kit really "scream" sewing and stitching to me.
I did add some snowflake stenciling (provided in the bonus kit) using white Acrylic paint. I also distressed the papers with Prima Rose ink Branch Bark provided in the main kit.


THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY TODAY!!

Supplies:
International Scrapbook Garden: Toolshed Winter Adventures Main kit
International Scrapbook Garden: Toolshed Embellishment Bonus kit
International Scrapbook Garden: Toolshed Bonus Chipboard kit
International Scrapbook Garden: Toolshed Mixed Media kit

Extras:
White Acrylic Paint
Kraft Card Stock
Fishers Paper Crimper
Sewing Machine and thread
Silhouette cameo for the white foliage
Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powders:
--Silver Moon Mistletoe
--Cleopatra's Copper

No comments:

Post a Comment