Friday, February 16, 2018

ISBG: Mixed Media Winter Canvas

Hello and welcome! Today I would like to share with you my mixed media canvas using Lindy's Stamp gang limited edition January set of winter colors and many of the awesome embellishments found in the Winter Adventures kits.

This project is ALL about texture and color. I am a huge fan of Gabrielle Pollacco's work and this canvas is definitely inspired by her blog and videos. My media is nearly all sprays and textured paste. Soon, I hope to incorporate more types of mediums into my creativity.


The beginning:


I created the design using much of the embellishment and 
main Winter Adventures kit.


I added a few extra elements such as buttons, lace and cheesecloth.
I did not end up using the large lace flower.


Shown here is everything covered in gesso, both individually and together.


Here it is before I added bling.


If you are making this kind of canvas, it really doesn't matter what 
color everything starts out as if you are covering it all in gesso and 
spray inks.


I did end up adding eyes to the wooden snowman.


Here is a close-up of the cluster in the upper left corner.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY TODAY!


Supplies:
ISBG: Winter Adventures Main Toolshed kit
ISBG: Winter Adventures Embellishment Bonus kit
ISBG: Winter Adventures Chipboard Bonus
ISBG: Winter Adventures Mixed Media

(Basically I used nearly everything but the actual paper).

Extra Supplies:

8x10 canvas
Kraft Card stock
Silhouette Studio files (using the Kraft Card Stock)
Lace
Bling
Cheesecloth
Buttons
Ranger Perfect Pearls powder
Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays:
--Tainted Love Teal
--Azure Sea Asters
--Fuzzy Navel Peach
--Cowabunga Copper
Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabio:
--I'm Late, I'm Late Slate (incredibly light color)
Arrow from the Summer Concert Toolshed kit

No comments:

Post a Comment