Thursday, March 1, 2018

Scrap The Boys: Adventure Camp

 Hello! Can you believe it's March already? It also means it's a new challenge over at Scrap The Boys challenge blog.

For this month, we are challenging you with a sketch provided by Laura Whitaker.



This sketch has all kinds of goodies and room for interpretation! I hope you play along this month. For me, I decided to use a different large shape, rather than the star. I purchased the campfire from an Etsy store called PureMerakiDesigns. I then hand-stitched the whole thing, which took about an hour.


You know those layouts that come together so quickly and just "flow". Yeah . . . this wasn't one of them. LOL! I know this layout doesn't look complicated, but my brain was having some serious roadblocks trying to put it together. Ever have one of those?



Once I decided on the campfire background, the rest of the layout finally came together . . . slowly. The paper is from an older line by Elle's Studio.


"Anyone who thinks the art of conversation is dead ought to tell a child to go to bed." Robert Gallagher (October Afternoon)

I used that quote on this layout cause it was quite the headache trying to get 11 boys to go to sleep at adventure camp. Let's just say "been there, done that . . . got the t-shirt". 


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY TODAY!!!!



2 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the sketch !! Stunning page !! xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great LO! Love the camp fire behind the picture, which are pretty cool! Great little,embellies and pps!

    ReplyDelete